Week 4 “Mrs Tollemache as Miranda”

Dear all,

We hope you enjoy Joshua Reynolds’ painting “Mrs Tollemache as Miranda”.

Please share your thoughts and writing with us here.

83 thoughts on “Week 4 “Mrs Tollemache as Miranda”

1. This is the next and last page of this work (luckily ) so basically in this work I just made Caliban freak out for some reason

2. This is VERY cringey so be aware of that I’m not a fan of this work but I still like it
    By the way I’m Caliban.

3. In our class we did some work on this painting. We pretended to be a charecter in the story and how they see Ferdinand.

4. This is my favourite painting out of the lot! I really like the Tempest by Shakespear. I think Joshua Reynolds has a brilliant imagination. It’s really cool that he turned mrs. Tollomache into Miranda. My favourite character from the Tempest is Prospero. He is a nice god natured person and wants to do the best for Miranda.

5. This is my favourite picture because you can really see how the artist is superior. you can really see how long it took and identify the all the style of the painting.

6. I think this is my favourite out of all of them cause I could talk about this painting for YEARS!

7. This piece of art fascinated me so much that I wish I was there speaking to them! They interest me about what happened in the past, If I were personally one of them I would be Miranda. I’m not really a person who likes putting magic on people and I also DEFINITELY will not be a goblin! Who would you rather be? 🙂

8. Every one in the painting look star struck all because of a prince he must be very handsome‍♂️

9. This is actually a really nice picture the person who’s drew this has actually combined the Tempest with his own picture and characters from the Tempest WOW that’s incredible

10. It looks like the man In the bush is stalking Miranda and the little troll is Dobbys granddad……. ITS OBVOUSLY TRUE!!!!!!

11. I wonder who these people are . To me it looks like is an old painting plus to me it looks like it painted a long time ago.

12. I really like the picture because lady Tollemache looks like someone ancient and she looks very lovely.

13. I think that the picture is very creepy because in the background there is a man staring at Miranda

14. I like how the artist has painted them as characters from the Tempest. I really like Miranda and I would rate this painting 10 out of 10.

15. I like this painting because there is some amazing details and he paints people with so much detail! I like Prospero because he looks like he’s trying to kill Miranda!

16. I like the picture because I find it funny than Miranda’s dad is peeking his head through the tree.

17. I like this painting because Miranda looks beautiful one of my favourite things about the painting is how much detail the artist put in to his picture.

18. I love this painting it has so much detail you can really see how hard the artist worked

19. I think the picture is really interesting and also think the man behind the trees is her father(Prospero)which is spying on her to make sure she is safe before she meets the prince of Naples

20. I am really interested because there was a man behind the marandar and there was a kid on the floor.So now I want to read the the book.

21. I like this painting because it’s very interesting and it shows a little picture of in the woods and I think man is her farther (Prospero) which is spying on her to meet the prince of naples.

22. It is not some guy peeking behind the tree it is her Dad.

This story is recommended

23. What I like about the painting is that Shake Spear put so many interesting details in and the other thing I like about it is that it inspires me when I draw.

24. I like this painting because it looks realistic and enjoyable to look at!!
    I enjoy this picture because it’s fun to see!!

25. The picture is creepy because prospro is stalking Miranda and spying on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s just creepy…

26. I think this picture is very detailed except the man in the bushes because he does not have much attention drawn to him . however, over all this picture is very good! 🙂

27. I love how Miranda is just looking at something different while her Father is in the back round. However, I also find weird is that the little boy on the floor looks CRAZY !!!

28. I like this painting because it is very intresting and is thought through very well, to me it would of taken ages.

29. I like this picture because it looks beautiful and there’s this witch’s child and second of all there is a man hiding in the tree.

30. I like the painting because it has lots of detail and the picture is specific with colours.

31. The story is very interesting and my favourite part is when Ferdinand and miranda meet. I also like how the slave has a mustache, he looks pretty stylish.

32. It’s spooky because the man is stalking the beautiful Miranda. I love this painting because it is very detailed and everything is gorgeous . I like this painting because it really surprised me when I saw the slave .

33. I like the mustache of the man because if you have a middle sized mustache it looks cool.

34. i love this picture ,the person in the tree is marinda’s dad the goblin is the servent of marinda

35. i like the troll Caliban but he kinda looks like a tiny man who has over grown his nails*

*no offence to people with long nails

36. I like the painting because it’s interesting and I like the details that the painter put into all of the characters faces and clothes.

37. I like the way the trees are painted and also it looks like the dad is a god and he’s trying to kill her.

38. It’s a very good painting because its happy and colourful and i love happy and colour and i know I’m not happy all the time but still!

39. This painting looks like there is a murderer trying too kill Miranda and Miranda and the Goblin thingy are getting distracted by a trap.

40. I think it is a good painting because it is peaceful and at the back of the painting is a nice story. It tells you three people Miranda her father and a strange creature. AND also it tell you when she was in love.

41. It is an interesting painting and it unique . I like the way it is about a person in the view of a fictional character.

1. Interesting question. It’s not the painters wife but why didn’t they include Mr Tollemache do you think?

42. I think it is shocking because the girl has never seen anybody in her life, except from her father and this troll.