Film 1: Arctic Circle

Hi all,

THIS BLOG IS CLOSED and replaced by a new one. Visit: https://islingtongovuk.j2bloggy.com/lteprimary/

Please work through the PowerPoint below while or after watching the film. Then discuss your thoughts and share your writing with us here.

8 thoughts on “Film 1: Arctic Circle

1. Personally, I don’t think that he was being greedy, I think he was just being curious. Seeing a moving box would make anyone curious and I think he just wanted to see what is was exactly. Later on in the story he keeps on running towards the box, even when he realises that he can’t get to it. I think in this part of the story he is being greedy because he’s realised that the box doesn’t belong to him but he still tries to get it. So the box trapped him because he was being greedy, but I don’t think he was being greedy earlier on in the story.

1. I think the director wants to say greed goes in a circle but he leaves it on a cliffhanger as there might be an exception.

2. I think the man saw the power of the box as when he first touched it he then touched the tree and it grew fruit that would take him ages to make 1 so he thought he could keep it but the power was to much.