Film 1: Arctic Circle

Hi all,

Please work through the PowerPoint below while or after watching the film. Then discuss your thoughts and share your writing with us here.

21 thoughts on “Film 1: Arctic Circle

1. I thought that the main character was greedy because he didn’t want the magic box to enchant his neighbor’s tree.
    I think the box captured him to teach him a lesson to share things with other people and I think that there is more than one person in the box.

2. It teaches not to be greedy. Also that anything you want and need in life, we have to wok hard for it as there are no shortcuts in life.
    It is a warning, to be careful when receiving offers that seem very suspicious and always communicate it with your Family.
    Never make a quick decision in life.

1. i agree with daliah very much and i also believe that being lonely and having to work to get food can cause lots of greed so i understand why he chose to follow the box.I also think that they have a cliffhanger to make the person thats watching want to know more and for them to think about it.I personally find the video a bit creepy with the cycle but apart from that i like the story base.

3. i agree with Niccolo because the man was greedy and he didn’t think about what the consequences were and what would happen to him.If he just left it in the first place then nothing would’ve happened.So the moral of the story is to not be greedy.

4. I think it is a repeating pattern of greed, since the box probably moves because it is actually another person trying to protect the man from the box’s evil powers. When someone will not be greedy and leave the box alone will be when the pattern ends and everyone is potentially released. When that is, I do not know.

5. I think if the guy never touched it in the first place then none of this would have ever happened.Therefore, the moral of the story is to not be greedy.(Like the guy was).

6. I think this Teaches you to not be a greedy person Because if you be greedy It wont get you anywhere in life especially when you Only think about yourself other than people who need it.

7. I felt bad for the guy that went in the box and if I was the guy i would not have touched it in the first place

8. I think its a circular story, where people who are too curious or greedy can have bad things happen to them. I liked the animation for its colours, especially when he touches the box and his hands go goldern. I also liked having to think about what the story means.

1. Hi Astrid, Yes it is a circular story or at least that’s implied. Do you know other circular films or stories?

9. i agree with daliah very much with her points and i also believe that if uluve all alone and have to work to get food u can become very greedy so i totaly understand why the man followed the box.To be honest i think i prbaly would have followed the box too if it gave me magic powers!

10. 1)the arctic is cold and horrible like a devil i learnt this in a book called true grit about amazing and gruesome journeys mostly about the arctic
    2)i think the man just came back from space and landed in the arctic and now trying to survive and waiting for a team to come
    3)i don’t think he is greedy at all he just needs food as he knows the box gives him fruit of course he would want more in the freezing cold
    4)the box (oringall person)
    5)the director wants the story to repeat
    Narrative Story
    i got up and yawned at the boringness of getting my fruit i went outside and started pulling the bar around and around put it hit me from the corner of my eye i spotted a wonderful clean unbent box sitting there i went to take a look i touched it nothing happened so i decided to take it in doors and try to open it again nothing happened i left it in doors and went to get some more fruit i heard a noise in side i said to myself probably the wind but no it was the box i ran i ran and i ran until i was at the sea i jumped in and it was freezing a thought i could swim but my legs felt parillized i saw nothing but darkness to this day my body is frozen in the ice and im there watching if someone dears to come and take that box.
    1)the arctic is cold and horrible like a devil i learnt this in a book called true grit about amazing and gruesome journeys mostly about the arctic
    4)the box (oringall person)
    Narrative Story